If you're a small woodland owner of less than 5,000 acres or if you're a small woodlands advocate, here's how you benefit from joining our group.
We help woodland owners...
Manage their woods, water, recreation, and wildlife
- Identify trees & native plants
- Recognize & control invasive species
- Know why trees die & what you can do
- Recognize safety hazards in your woodland
- Plan your estate
- Find tax advisors
- Find consulting foresters
- Find loggers, road builders, and tree planters
- Create a wildfire defensible space at your home
- Understand Oregon's Forest Practices Act
- Purchase woodland liability insurance
- Access carbon markets
- Connect with people who have similar interests
We hold regular events
- Workshops with woodland experts
- Woodland tours
- Annual sale of tree seedlings & native plants
We give small woodland owners a voice
- There is a lobbyist for OSWA in the Oregon Legislature and on the Oregon Board of Forestry.
- We represent small woodland owners at public gatherings and forestry events.
You don't just belong to LCSWA...
- A membership in the Linn County Small Woodlands Association means a membership in the state group (OSWA).
- Membership puts you in touch with local woodland owners and with the major related organizations.
- Members get benefits from related organizations.
We want to hear from you!
Contributions to this website from Linn County Small Woodlands Association members and forestry interests are welcome. Submittals will be edited. We are interested in news and meetings relating to Linn County and neighboring counties.
Ogilby shares history, scenery and hopes as forestry group renews activities Clem and Trumbull Ogilby know they have a piece of paradise. They bought land…
Rules guiding forest management in Oregon are changing and are scheduled to be approved by the Board of Forestry on Nov. 30. If approved, the…
With a nod toward Charles Dickens, April 2022 was quite a contrast with April 2021, at least in the rainfall department. Here on the Tree…
May 10 twilight tour set for Holley forest A series of tree farm tours in Linn County is set for spring and summer hosted by…