If you're a small woodland owner of less than 5,000 acres or if you're a small woodlands advocate, here's how you benefit from joining our group.
We help woodland owners...
Manage their woods, water, recreation, and wildlife
- Identify trees & native plants
- Recognize & control invasive species
- Know why trees die & what you can do
- Recognize safety hazards in your woodland
- Plan your estate
- Find tax advisors
- Find consulting foresters
- Find loggers, road builders, and tree planters
- Create a wildfire defensible space at your home
- Understand Oregon's Forest Practices Act
- Purchase woodland liability insurance
- Access carbon markets
- Connect with people who have similar interests
We hold regular events
- Workshops with woodland experts
- Woodland tours
- Annual sale of tree seedlings & native plants
We give small woodland owners a voice
- There is a lobbyist for OSWA in the Oregon Legislature and on the Oregon Board of Forestry.
- We represent small woodland owners at public gatherings and forestry events.
You don't just belong to LCSWA...
- A membership in the Linn County Small Woodlands Association means a membership in the state group (OSWA).
- Membership puts you in touch with local woodland owners and with the major related organizations.
- Members get benefits from related organizations.
We want to hear from you!
Contributions to this website from Linn County Small Woodlands Association members and forestry interests are welcome. Submittals will be edited. We are interested in news and meetings relating to Linn County and neighboring counties.
Three Linn County high school graduates have been awarded our 2021 LCSWA Robert Mealey Scholarships for studying forestry or forestry-related Natural Resources in an Oregon…
It’s difficult to nail down all that we share as fellow travelers in this place. One thing we can surely share is caring for each…
What: annual gathering membership, election of officers and lip-smacking good potluck dinner. Because of COVID, 2020 meeting was conducted via postcard. When: January, date to…